If you are making changes to your website, ask yourself these questions to help you make it more consumer friendly.
- Do you state prominently, either as an authorised entity or as an individual, that you are regulated by CILEx Regulation (CRL)?
- If you are an authorised entity only, is the (CRL) logo displayed and easy to locate on your website with a link to the CRL website at cilexregulation.org.uk?
- Language and text:
Is the language plain and simple?
Are sentences short?
Is dense text avoided?
- Is information provided in as straight forward a way as possible?
- Is “legal jargon” avoided and where that is not possible, is an easily understandable explanation given?
- Have you tried testing your website on consumers? Often friends or family can provide valuable feedback.