CILEx Regulation is part of the Regulatory Response Unit (RRU) that will be supporting the cohort throughout the next three months. This Unit consists of every legal regulator in the UK, as well as the Financial Conduct Authority and the Information Commissioners Office. The RRU will provide advice and support surrounding governance and regulation, which in turn will increase the pace of innovation.
In addition to on-demand regulatory support the cohort will be provided with key professional contacts to help facilitate important business conversations and mentorship, as well as access to large datasets that not otherwise be available for smaller ventures. During the pilot, having access to this well-rounded support boosted interventions for unmet legal needs nation-wide.
The eight innovators were chosen from an application pool of 48 and were chosen for their cutting-edge ideas and large potential impact on the legal system. The cohort consists of:
- Avvoka– A document-drafting business which will help speed up decisions
- Feesier– A ‘buy now pay later’ service for legal fees
- Hunit– Creating natively digital legal agreements, with self-executing actions through Miscrosoft word
- LegalMe– Supporting tenants to claim for housing disrepair through a software that replaces the need for lawyers
- Lexyfi– An AI system that prevents litigation risk stemming from electronic communication
- Smarter:Contracts– A data-management company using blockchain and machine learning to create a more transparent data-sharing environment for companies and consumers
- Valla– Helping people to resolve work disputes affordably through a platform for data-collection and creating legal documents, as well as flat-fee legal advice if needed
- What Visa? – A screening tool for employers to see a potential employee’s visa status without checks, as well as guidance and tools for those that sponsor workers
Access the TechNation LawtechUK website for further information.
If you would like to get in touch regarding our technology and innovation work at CILEx Regulation, please email email@example.com